Sunday, August 23, 2009

Backpacking in the Tetons

On July 31st and August 1st my friend Preston Lees and I went on a 30 mile backpacking trip on the west side of the teton mountains. The first day we started at the Teton Canyon trailhead, hiked up Devil's Staircase, down into the Alaska Basin, and ended on a secluded glacial lake far from civilization. The second day we hiked up Hurricane Pass, where we sat right in front of Grand Teton. It was quite the workout but I was actually surprised how well my old body held up.






3 comments:

  1. Wow Abe! Looks like quite the adventure. What is your friend doing hanging on the ledge like that? I sure hope that is super imposed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your mom gave me your address! You take AWESOME PHOTOS! Another talent to add to the pile ;) We will be checking back in on your adventures often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I need your email so I can send you an invite to by blog! My email is thorpe.maria@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete