Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thrifty Nifty

I've been bugging Abe to let me buy this cool elephant mobile for Nolan's room. 
I never realized mobiles were so expensive!  This one just hangs from the ceiling, has no actual motor and doesn't play music. 

Total Cost: $30



Here is the mobile we ended up making.  We cut colored foam sheets into the elephant shapes, and hung them from bamboo sticks.

Total Cost: $3.00 

The cool thing is, its a tad lopsided, so its spins on its own, no motor needed!

5 comments:

  1. You are so awesome! Great idea! (ps, love the picture above the crib!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I even like it better than the $30 version. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your crafty ways! I also love the pictures of Nolan smiling. He is turning into such a little man. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is way cooler anyway! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will do! :) And uh. You two are so artistic and creative. Make everything!!!! Fun.

    ReplyDelete