Sunday, November 18, 2012

Accomplishments

We have had some pretty BIG accomplishments are around this house lately!

First off, we finished painting our upstairs! it only took us about 5 weeks (I was hoping it would take 1 or 2)! Now we can finally take some time off and relax in the evening...I wish!...I have some big plans for the kids bedrooms that I need to get started on so maybe I can relax in a few months.

Secondly, Charlotte starting crawling just a few days ago! She's not super fast yet and she is only interested in crawling if she really wants something, but that's ok with me, I am in no hurry to have a 2nd child getting into everything around the house!

Lastly (and most importantly), Nolan is finally potty trained! I had a goal to train him before his 3rd birthday and he has done so much better then I thought (poor guy I totally underestimated him). I started giving him a piece of his Halloween candy every time he went potty, and then I realized that he was getting WAY TO MUCH CANDY! So, we went to the store and bought a cheep little gumball machine, which I replaced with skittles. Now he gets 2 or 3 skittles instead of a whole piece of candy which still seems like a lot because I swear that kid can 'go' on command (and by that I mean his own command)!

I know what your thinking...
"Why don't you just give him a non-candy prize when he goes potty?"
Well, I tried that, but he immediately threw my gift to the floor and shouted "Treat Treat!" - I'm afraid he is going to be like 12yrs old and still asking for treats every time he goes potty!




2 comments:

  1. Good job Nolan!! Don't little kid butts look so cute in their little undies! We Sam does on the potty once in a while just for fun but I haven't started full on training yet. Guess I'm lazy :)

    And Charlotte is crawling!?! So cute!!! Love her blue eyes, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete