Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Happy Birthday Charlotte

I realize I already posted party pics on my other blog, but I want to make sure to document on our family blog as well...Plus I have too many cute photos of Charlotte that still need to be shared!


Birth "day" details:

In the morning...Charlotte had her usual bottle of milk followed by her favorite banana/oatmeal breakfast and was perfectly content. Then good old Aunt Nat spoiled her with a generous serving of Nutella toast & that made her VERY happy!

I spent the morning making the birthday cake(s). I woke up at 6:00am (on a Saturday by the way), to begin the baking. Nat really wanted to go shopping at Southcenter that day so I figured if I woke up early I could finish the cakes and we could be out of the house at 10am (yeah right).

I only had two 8" round cake pans but I needed three 8" rounds plus two 4" rounds which meant I had to make 2 separate batches (which meant lots of time in the kitchen). I didn't have any particular frosting design in mind, I just knew I wanted both cakes to be all white and very simple...which they were but it took me 3 tries to get the "simple" look I was going for. I also ran short on frosting and had to make an additional batch. So basically what I'm getting at is that instead of taking 2-3hrs to bake and decorate the cakes it took me almost 6hrs!

Anyways...the ladies spent the afternoon at the mall and the men went to see "Wreck it Ralph" at the $3 theater in town. Then both parties hurried home because we had to finish last minuet party decorations, take some good looking photos, get Charlotte dressed in her b-day outfit, take some more good photos of her, clean up the house, and finish making dinner.

A company called Shindigz supplied most of the party decor, which was awesome, but a little stressful because I HAD to get good photos and the lighting was definitely not in our favor.

Besides the busy schedule (and a sick Nolan), we had a great day with Charlotte! She is getting such a cute personality and LOVES when Nolan plays with her (which sadly doesn't happen too often). Her favorite thing to do is wrestle and jump around on the bed with him, she seriously gets SO happy and if I try to take her off the bed she puts up a major fight! She also happened to start walking 2 weeks before she turned 1...which was great timing because now that the weather is nicer I can take the kids to the park and I don't have to worry about her crawling through the dirt!

Sorry to all of our party go-ers we just realized that we didn't get any photos of you (just videos, which are more fun anyways :) but thanks for coming we love you all!


































3 comments:

  1. She is so sweet! I love those pictures. She looks super cute with the giant balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful! I can't believe she is 1 already. It seems like you just had her. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are charming! Happy Birthday, Charlotte! Hope to see you guys soon. Love, the Woody's

    ReplyDelete