Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Something to Celebrate

I know I promised pictures of our new place, but honestly every time I remember to take pictures the sun is already going down and I just don't know how to take good night time shots.

As hard as this move has been for us, we do have reason to celebrate!
Since the move (approx. 3 weeks ago) Nolan has grown so much!  These are some of the exciting advancements he has made...

a. he learned how to go from a standing to sitting position, which is great because for a while he would stand holding his crib handlebars screaming at the top of his lungs because he didn't know how to sit down and go to sleep.
b. He learned how to crawl on his hands and knees (he was doing an army crawl on his tummy for quite a while).
c. He had both of his bottom teeth come in at the same time (while having the flu).  That was no fun, but they have now completely broken through so no more tears...for now that is.
d. We have had no living room furniture until a few days ago, but as soon as we got our sofas he started walking along the furniture.
e. His hair has grown so long its starting to curl behind his ears...love it!
f. He will hand things to me and actually let go
g. Along with saying Dada he started saying Mama, but only when he is crying in his crib.
h. He is entertaining himself better. He gets into all the kitchen drawers, and pulls out all of our DVD's but I could care less, as long as he gives me a bit of free time. (How sad is it that Im looking forward to the day when he will watch TV).

Sorry for the proud mom post, but I just can't believe how far we have come since he was 1st born (the hardest days of my entire life!). and in about a month he will be 1yr!  Im already planning his party although we have yet to make any friends to invite!  So, if your feeling up to it, come visit us Jan 26th...PLEASE!




2 comments:

  1. He is getting soooo BIG!!! I love that he is so mobile. Yay for the teeth and long hair. I love him and we miss you guys like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a handsome little man on your hands! Playdate? Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete